Monday, April 11, 2011

Gwyneth, The NEW Queen of All Things??

Gwyneth Paltrow...not only is she married to a rock star and a mother to two children, she's a frequent guest on one of the most popular shows on television, "GLEE"...she recently starred in the film, "Country Strong" where she sang and had to learn guitar, she has one of the most grueling exercise rituals that I've ever seen, writes her own very popular blog, "GOOP", and now she's written a book of recipes named, "My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness". THAT is a full plate! No pun intended! Set to hit the shelves on April 13th in the US, "My Father's Daughter" is an homage to Gwyneth's father, Bruce Paltrow, who passed away in 2002. The buzz is, that the book mixes easy to make, healthy, organic meals with quirky and at times humorous essays of time spent with family and friends. What's next?? Rumor has it, her own magazine similar to Oprah's "O" but for foodies. Those of us who appreciate Gwyneth's passion for the environment, a healthy world for her children and her support for local farms, are waiting for the word. Organic Hug is highlighting Gwyneth Paltrow this week, as one of our favorite "Green" Celebrities.

“It wasn’t until later that I understood the harm that can come from pesticides and other chemicals in food. As soon as I did, I tried to eat foods that were organic, grown locally, and not processed or full of preservatives. That was reinforced when I became a parent. When I’d read about what pesticides do to small animals, I thought, Why would I expose my child to that?" ~Gwyneth Paltrow



No comments:

Post a Comment